What is it like to venture to the most remote, inhabited place on Earth – Easter Island; A place where the mysterious stone moai statues hold on tight to their secrets past; A place where the ancient Rapa Nui civilization flourished and then nearly disappeared?
I wanted to find out, and of course go scuba diving while I was at it, so I arranged a whirlwind trip to Easter Island and dragged my brother Devin and his girlfriend Joanne with me. Come along on this journey as we:
- Travel around the island to see the ancient moai statues
- Hang out at the Anakena beach where the first king set foot
- Visit a volcanic crater
- Learn about legend of the Birdman
- Go scuba diving with the moai
- Take a horseback ride up to the highest point of the island
- …and eat empanadas with Mexican Elmo? – yes.